- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 (5-8oz.) bag of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of chopped, mixed vegetables (onions, green & red peppers, broccoli, asparagus, anything!) cooked in 2 Tbsp. butter till soft
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes or chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup full fat cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- Any herbs of your choice
- Butter or olive oil (for greasing the pan)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9″ x 12″ baking dish with butter or olive oil.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the fresh spinach, cooked vegetables, tomatoes, cottage cheese, whipping cream and any herbs of your choice. Stir until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased baking dish and pop it in the oven.
- Bake it for 40 minutes. If the mixture still still seems “jiggly” in the middle, bake for five minutes more. Just make sure the top doesn’t brown too much!
- Once the egg bake is cool enough to touch, slice it into six slices. (These may seem huge, but remember, it works out to two eggs per serving!) Chill any leftovers and enjoy throughout the week!
- Try sprinkling some full fat cheese over the top of the egg bake for the last five minutes of baking.
- Top the egg bake with avocado, salsa, hot sauce, or anything you can think of!
- You can omit the cottage cheese and use 1/4 cup of coconut milk instead of heavy cream to make it dairy free!