- 1.5 lbs. uncooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups of cubed sweet potato (about 1”)
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1.5 teaspoons Italian seasoning*
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and coat a 9×13 casserole dish with butter or coconut oil.
- Add the cubed chicken to the casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sweet potato, broccoli, onion, and nuts.
- Add the garlic, spices, salt and pepper to the melted coconut oil and stir to combine. Pour this over the veggie/nut mixture in the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the veggies over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15-20 minutes more, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
*Experiment with your seasonings! You could try adding rosemary, thyme, sage—even curry!